I’ve been quiet during COVID but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been trying to plan to the best of my abilities a virtual Craft Napa next January. I have been doing so much studying, learning, observing, working on some financial models, and also took a Mancuso class from their Virtual Quilt Festival as a student– I had a great time and learned a lot! They will be offering another virtual festival in August, and I am excited to be a student again. I truly feel we are all in this together, and I want to support others who are offering online classes during a time when it is just NOT safe to hold in-person events. I don’t see other online, virtual events as competition…I see this as supporting each other during a super trying time, and I am happy to support Quilt Con, too, and interview their teachers on my daily IG lives to help promote their classes.
I hope Craft Napa: Uncorked at Home! will be a lot of fun for everyone, and still have all of the retreat feels even though we can’t physically be together. I shared the following in my Craft Napa newsletter earlier today, but I’ll go ahead and paste here, too, in case you aren’t signed up for the newsletter:
Introducing Craft Napa 2021: Uncorked at Home!
We are thrilled to introduce the preliminary plans for Craft Napa 2021: Uncorked at Home! We are likening Craft Napa 2021 to a rare vintage of Craft Napa, since it will be virtual vs. in person. In this virtual edition of Craft Napa during the COVID crisis, we’re going to make lemons from lemonade (or maybe a more appropriate metaphor would be to take sour grapes and turn into wine), and bring Craft Napa to you––in the comfort of your studio with your own supplies, in your jammies, and with a cup of tea, coffee, or glass of wine.
January 13-17, 2021
What you can expect from uncorking your creativity at home:
- Stellar instruction from world-class instructors, where we will offer 3- and 6-hour classes in surface design, stitching, mixed media, art journaling, art quilting, modern quilting, collage, and wearable arts.
- Opening/Welcome party to get to know each other, sew on a project that we will be disclosing soon, and have a little dance party with a guest DJ.
- Sign up for 3 or more workshops and you get the Craft Napa Box! In your Craft Napa Box, you’ll get your class kits, Craft Napa swag, as well as any extra goods you want to order from your teachers, among other offerings we will be announcing soon.
- An optional Wine Tasting Night that you can join where little wine bottles will be sent to you in advance from a Napa-based winery. We’ll do a virtual tasting together!
- Fun and inspiring luncheon lectures
- Nightly sip-n-sews
- An Art Swap: Make as many pieces of art as you’d like, and get that number sent back to you in your Craft Napa Box. (More details on this forthcoming.)
In the meantime, any more information that we have and can announce sooner than later, we will. So stay tuned! And stay well.
So between now and late August I will be finalizing the schedule, the line-up of teachers, as well as all of the extras/ fun stuff. If you have ideas or questions feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And lastly… I am still hosting IG Lives every day at 1:00 PM Pacific (but I am now taking off weekends) on the pokeybolton account on Instagram. I think I am nearing the 100 mark of 100 lives and interviews since late March. These have been super helpful for me to connect while sheltering at home, and I hope others are finding value in them as well.
Stay safe everyone… sending you a virtual hug,